Friday 19 December 2014

Blogmas Day 19: My Everyday Makeup Routine

Hi guys! So I wanted to give you all a little peak at what I use for my everyday make-up routine. It’s really quick (well it takes me about 30 minutes) and I prefer to always go for a more neutral every day look. Hope you enjoy...


Step 1- Prime: Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer £6.99 Boots

I have experimented with a few different primers that claim to mattify your skin but all of them left my skin looking and feeling really dry except this one! I love how this makes my skin look matte but still look and feel soft at the same time. So this is the first thing I put on in my makeup routine and I find that it definitely keeps my makeup on for the whole day.


Step 2- Conceal: Maybelline Dream Touch Lumi Concealer Ivory £6.99 Boots

I like to apply this in a triangle under my eyes to conceal the bags and suitcases lol. I like how as soon as I put this on it makes me look more awake and just brightens up my face a lot more. I prefer to use my fingers to blend this out just because I feel like it gives a more natural look especially because it’s under my eyes.


Step 3- BB Cream: Rimmel London BB Cream- Light & Medium £6.99 Boots

I prefer to use a BB cream for my everyday makeup just because I feel that it’s lighter than foundation. I like this one because it does 9 different things: it primes, moisturises, minimises the appearance of pores, conceals, covers, smoothes, mattifies, brightens, and helps to protect because there is an added SPF 25 (wooooh that was a lot J). I found that the light one is a bit too light so when I put this on I like to mix it with the medium just for a bit of warmth. The best way that I’ve found to put this on is with a Stippling brush. I got mine from GoEco and I find it goes on really well.


Step 4- Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder 004 Sandstorm £3.99 boots



I know it’s probably weird to apply a pressed powder now, but I like to make sure I do it during my makeup routine as well as after and throughout the day too. I apply this using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and just buff it into my T-Zone because that’s where a lot of the shininess occurs.


Step 5- Bronzer: Maybelline New York Dream Sun Triple Bronzing Powder Blonde £5.99 Boots



I have this in the shade 01 Blonde...I know I’m not blonde but I found that the Brunette version was very dark and I just wanted a bronzer that adds a little amount of warmth. I brush this into my cheekbones using a contour brush just for that extra definition. I don’t like to put too much on because it’s quite shimmery and for the winter months I don’t really like shimmery bronzers. I also like to take the bronzer up my temples and a little over the top of my forehead.


Step 6- Blush: Rimmel London Santa Rose Blush £3.99 Boots


I bought this blush recently and I’m in love with the shade of it! It’s very subtle but it does stand out (if that makes any sense!). I use my blush brush to sweep it along the apples of my cheeks just for a bit of colour. The box says that it’s long-lasting and smudge proof which I’ve definitely found it to be.


Step 7- Contouring: Sleek Face Contour Kit Light £6.49 Superdrug

This was another thing I bought recently and I’ve honestly fallen in love with it! I have a very round face so having this contour kit really defines my face A LOT! I brush the pressed powder into my cheekbones, up my temples, along the top of my forehead and along my jaw line using my Real Techniques contour brush. I use the gorgeous highlighter just along the top of my cheekbones and on my brow bone.


Step 8- Brows: Benefit ‘Gimmie Brow’- Medium/Deep £17.50 Benefit

This is a really great brow product especially for when you need to get ready really fast. It’s a fibre gel so it sticks to your eyebrow hairs and gives the appearance of fuller brows but with a more natural look.


Step 9- More Brows: Seventeen ‘Brows That!’ Brow Kit £5.99 Boots

I do prefer to have a thicker look with my eyebrows so I also use this eyebrow kit just to fill in what the Gimmie brow didn’t. I like how you have to use a brush to dip into the wax and powder instead of just using a pencil because I feel like it gives a more natural look than a drawn on look.


Step 10- Eyelashes: Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Rockin’ Curves Mascara £6.99 Boots

This is my favourite part of my routine because I just LOOOVVEEE making my eyelashes look longer! I’ve always loved the Rimmel mascaras just because they have a way of really lengthening my eyelashes. I make sure that I don’t apply too much for my first coat because I feel like it weighs down my lashes and that’s just disappointing. For the first coat I just concentrate on the roots.


Step 11- More Eyelashes: Maybelline New York Big Eyes Volumexpress Mascara £8.99 Boots

I use this mascara for the ends of my lashes. So after I’ve put on my first coat of mascara this is the second eyelash step. I definitely find that it makes a difference to do more than just one coat. Gives your lashes some TLC hehe. I really love how this mascara comes with a big brush for top lashes and a smaller brush that I use for my lower lashes.


Step 12- Eyeliner

Last, but definitely not least, is my eyeliner. I have very small eyes so I never put eyeliner on my bottom lash line as I find it closes up my eyes soooo much! Instead I apply it to my top lash line which makes a huge difference in opening up my eyes. Also, it adds definition to my eyelashes! Being that I leave it in my bag the writing has completely rubbed off and I don’t even remember what brand it was! So sorry guys but any eyeliner will do....I find they all do the same thing anyway!

                                                    
                             And this is the final result (sorry about my messy hair eeek!)



So that’s my entire every day makeup routine. It seems a little longer but when I actually do it it’s super quick! I hope you enjoyed it.

L xx

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I always love a natural looking make up look.
    Chinella.
    http://lalachicuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll be sure to check out your blog :) xx

      Delete