Monday 15 December 2014

Blogmas Day 15: Hair Products Review- Best & Worst

Hello beautiful people! Today I'll be giving a review of some of the best and worst hair products I use or have recently found. Hope you enjoy...

Salon at Home Conditioner
Boots: £5.99

I have fallen MADLY in love with this conditioner! I really feel like it’s made a difference to my hair, especially my ends. I went for this product because it claims to strengthen and repair which is exactly the kind of thing I look for in the winter months because I feel like my hair gets really damaged. It’s not only until I was looking at the product when I was in the shower washing my hair that I noticed it had Argan Oil and Renovoil complex in it! Also, the Argan Oil isn’t even THAT far down the ingredient list so it must have quite a bit J Another really great thing about this conditioner is that it leaves a gorgeoussss smell in your hair for a really long time!


Garnier Ultimate Blends Shampoo (The Marvellous Transformer)
Boots: On offer now for £1.94

When I use this with the Charles Worthington Salon at Home conditioner it really brings out the shininess and softness of my hair! I love that when I’m actually rubbing it into my hair I can feel it working. This one also has Argan oil and Camellia Oil which gives off a really good smell!
 

TRESemme split remedy
Boots: £5.75

I’ve like to use this product before I blow-dry or straighten my hair and I’ve found that it works really well in protecting my hair. I sometimes find that heat protectors are really sticky, but this one wasn’t! The one bad thing I’ve found about it is that it really hasn’t made any difference to making my split ends better. On the bottle it claims to reduce split ends by 80% in just 3 uses.....it really didn’t! But, it does help protect against more split ends.


Toni & Guy Rapid Response Leave in Conditioner

I honestly can’t get enough of this leave-in conditioner! I’ve used this for a good couple of years now and it’s great. I use it after every time I wash my hair which leaves it feeling superrr soft! It’s aimed at people for dry damaged hair and I think it definitely helps to take the dryness away. Whenever I use this I do really feel the difference in moisture so this products definitely lives upto its name! The only problem is that it can be super hard to find. I’ve tried looking for this in the obvious stores like superdrug and boots. But the only place I’ve managed to find it is in some Sainsbury’s stores. So if you do want this product you’re in for a little bit of digging....but it will be worth it!


TRESemme 24 hour body boosting spray
Superdrug: £3.66 (on offer)

Another product that lives upto its name! I absolutely love how this gives me so much volume and bounce especially when I straighten my hair. All it takes is a few spritz in the scalp and a blow dry to make a huge difference! And it lasts sooo long so you never have to worry about running out fast.


Girlz Only Dry Shampoo

This is possibly the worst dry shampoo I’ve ever used! It didn’t do anything at all. It’s almost as if all I was doing was spraying air onto my scalp! I will never be buying this again!!! Definitely a thumbs down for this dry shampoo!


Batiste Dry Shampoo
Superdrug: £1.47 (200ml) £2.47 (400ml)

Now this is what I’m talking about hehe. This dry shampoo does exactly what it says on the bottle. I love using this even if I don’t have greasy hair because it gives texture and I hate when hair just feels limp and lifeless. YAAYY thumbs up!

Shockwaves Volume Moose
Superdrug: £2.75

My hair is naturally curly and a bit on the wild side so when I do have it curly I need something to tame it. I like this moose because not only does it tame my hair a bit, but it also adds volume. I know a lot of people say moose is really bad because it dries out the hair but when I use this with the Toni & Guy leave in conditioner it doesn't dry it too much. The weird thing about this moose though is that when I first started using it it made my hair look pretty damn good, but now when I use it it doesn't really have the same effect. I'm not sure whether that comes down to the fact that my hair has become used to it or the product just doesn't work anymore :( 

Thanks for reading and I hope you try some of the great products out! L xx


No comments:

Post a Comment