Tuesday 9 September 2014

High end Vs High street : Palette's


High end Vs High street Platte’s
To help me get a range of Platte’s I have raided not only my Make-up draw but my sisters too for Palette’s with different price points to give people with different budgets a review. I have not got the same amount of Drugstore/High-street products as I have High End. I have 2 high end and 3 high-street and most of them are neural eye shadow colours because  that’s what I wear more of.  With all these eyeshadow’s I tested them while wearing a primer.


The Barry M Natural  Glow  Shadow and Blush Platte

The Palette has 6 neutral eye shadow’s  2 matte and 4 shimmer and also has a blush the Platte contains 9.2g of product. The product is £6.49 which roughly works out to be 93p per item in the Platte (including blush)
I really wanted for to be good, some of the colours are so nice but I the product did not work for me. I wore the  eye shadow with a  primer and got 2-3 hours wear out of them. At first I tried a smokey eye with 3 of the shadow with a base colour with the darkest one in the outer 3rd and the golden/bronze colour in the 2nd 3rd but when they applied and blended I could only see the darker one when they were arranged like this the shadow lasted roughly  3 hours.  The shadows aren't very pigmented so when tried just to were one shadow by itself on the lid I had to build the shadow up and within two hours some of the shadow colour had worn down it was not as strong as I applied it and by the 3 and half hours there were major gaps in the shadow.



Sleek oh so special
I first time I used this palette with the Rimmel London Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer and it lasted a good 7 hours which is not exactly as full work day but it is a long time. The reason why it probably did nt last long is because I was rubbing my eye a bit. I like the palette but for me the pallet was missing a in corner or first 1/3 lid colour it has an beige colour ish but I personally prefer a shimmery shadow  to me the colour didn’t pop enough it wasn’t very brightening for  the inner corner of the eye.

                            


MUA Luxe Palette Pretty Edgy

(This is one I borrowed from my sister)
The Platte holds 10 shadows and is £8 which 80p per eye shadow .I’m pretty sure is MUA’s most expensive which is probably something to do with the packaging. The packaging is amazing. I really like it, It’s not typical boring packaging. The colours are really pigmented with a range of beautiful wearable colours. The shadows stayed on my eye lids all day I applied my make up on at 10:30/11 am and it was till on my eyes at 8:00pm when I went to take off my make up. They lasted very well and did nt have any down fall when I applied them, I had no real problem blending and I didn’t have to worry about whether it was still on my face. I think I shall be buying my own.



The Urban Decay  Naked 2 Platte
The Platte has 12 shadows and is £37 so work out to be about £3.09 per shadow.
This was my first High end Platte I got it for a gift at the Christmas just past.
The packaging is very well planned after the original naked Platte the Platte is made out of tin and seems to be pretty durable the Platte comes with a brush which  I find useful and use with the Platte. The colours I stick to are Half baked , Foxy and chopper the pigment on the shadows are great and the durability is I would it lasts for a full day with a good primer.

                    

MAC

                             
 I like brown shimmery eye shadows. My favourite ones are  Naked Lunch and All That Glitters all  I always use  Phloof in the inner corner . I always wear a primer with these shadows its not always an expensive primer as long as it does a decent job the shadows will last, When I have used them without a primer before that haven't lasted long . If I could go back I would pick different colours I wish I would of tried  and explored other colours to put in the Palette.


On everyday occasions I don’t always go for my most expensive palette my  favorite High street palette is the MUA Luxe Palette Pretty Edgy and I have chosen it on many occasions over my naked 2 and Mac palette. I think when it come to palettes you don’t necessary have to have the most expensive eye shadows, it is very nice to have them as an a option but if you want something for day to day and don’t really have to splash the cash, I think if want to expand your make up collection than the Naked 2 would be a great choice because it does have 12 eye shadows but you can get some on a budget .

Thank You for Reading 
-A



No comments:

Post a Comment