Saturday 20 December 2014

Blogmas Day 21: Battle of the Exfoliating Body Scrubs

Who else hates it when their skin starts getting really dry!? I definitely do! Especially throughout the winter months I feel like your skin needs that extra attention. These are the 3 body exfoliating scrubs I've recently tried and tested...

Pampered Shower Smoothies Exfoliating Scrub
Home Bargains- I don’t actually remember how much I got it for but it was definitely under £1

This one was really cheap so I didn’t have any high expectations for it, but I couldn’t help myself from buying it just because it smelt amazing! Like summer in a bottle! When I tried it, it actually worked better than I thought it would which was definitely a shocker. The little exfoliator beads weren’t as rough as I would like them to be to get a lot of dry skin off but for the price I paid it does a pretty good job.  


Johnsons Gentle Exfoliating Wash
Superdrug: £3.29



I have nothing but terrible things to say about this product! It was anything but gentle! I’m not sure whether it’s all Johnsons & Johnsons products but this brought me out in the worst red rash looking skin and I’m not even allergic to anything!! It came as a huge surprise to me that a company that claims to aim their products at people with sensitive skin would make something so damaging. When I used it, it started off fine, but as I continued it made my entire body look as if I had the worst sun burn. I will definitely never use this again!


St. Ives Elements Moisturising Olive Scrub
Superdrug: £2.49 (on offer now usual price is £4.99)

This has got to be my all time favourite exfoliating body scrubs! It does exactly what it’s meant to do and it has a gorgeous smell. The olive oil is added for extra moisture to the skin and you can definitely feel it working. The exfoliating beads aren't too rough either so you can really get in there and get all your dry skin off without badly damaging your skin. You can also use this on your face as well as your body which is an extra bonus. I give this product a HUGE THUMBS UP!  


I hope you all enjoyed this mini exfoliating body scrub battle. Thanks for reading!

L xx

No comments:

Post a Comment