Friday 5 June 2015

My 3 Day Cleanse

Does anyone else go through really lethargic days? Like you wake up and just feel tired even though you got a normal amount of sleep? Well I’ve been feeling like that for the past few weeks. I’m not going to lie....I’m not the healthiest person. There are days where I don’t eat or drink the right things so I’m not even wondering what the reason for my tiredness is. It wasn’t even just my tiredness either. I was getting really bad skin too! So I decided to do something about it and take my health into my own hands. I looked up the benefits of juicing and actually found that a lot of people have been benefiting so much from incorporating juicing into their diet.

I didn’t want to do anything too drastic though because I knew my body wouldn’t really be able to handle such a huge change so fast. So I went on a 3 day cleanse where all I did was have a healthy homemade shake for breakfast, a homemade vegetable and fruit juice for lunch, and healthy meal for dinner. The first day was such a struggle as I’m used to eating things for breakfast that will fill me up really fast like scrambled eggs and toast but instead I had a shake which included blueberries, pineapple, banana, and unsweetened almond milk. It was definitely something I had to get used to as I’m really used to sugary drinks but I just got on with it and actually started to like the taste that natural sugars give off. The rest of that day though I was feeling suuuuuper hungry and was craving the worst things but the next couple of days were really good! I woke up feeling energised and wasn’t feeling as hungry as I did the day before.

I would definitely say that one of the biggest things I kind of missed was drinking fizzy drinks. Before the cleanse I never noticed how many I drink a day and it probably was one of the biggest causes for my dry skin and spots. But after cutting them out for only 3 days it made such a difference! If you feel the same way I did then I would definitely recommend this. Some people only juice for 3 days in a row or more but I just felt like it would be too much of a shock to my system but I will definitely try it soon.

Let me know in the comments if you have cleansing/ detoxing things I could try out.


Thanks for reading, L xx

2 comments:

  1. I want to challenge myself to take few days for cleansing! I guess my body needs that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really helps you to feel good! Let me know what steps you would take. It's always good to see how other people do it : ) thanks for reading x

      Delete