Monday 13 July 2015

Clinique 3 Step Review


YAYY! FINALLY my Clinique 3 step review! I’ve been wanting to write this review as soon as this was delivered to me but I knew I would need to wait a little while to see how it worked on my skin. In previous posts I’ve mentioned the problems I’ve had with my acne prone skin and I did find my own way of dealing with and preventing the acne from making a return. One thing I didn’t expect was for my skin to do a complete 180 on me and become as dry as you wouldn’t believe! This started happening to me at the beginning of summer and I couldn’t find a way to get rid of it. It was genuinely getting me down as even when I tried putting on makeup it looked absolutely terrible! A friend of mine told me about the Clinique skin care line a while ago so I decided to order myself a little starter pack for really dry skin just to see how it would work. I got this pack off of the Boots website which you can find here for only £20 and I got the type 1 products as my skin was dry to very dry.


So of course the first step is the cleanser which I’m absolutely loving at the moment. It’s so refreshing first thing in the morning and really wakes me up, aswell as my skin. As this is a cleanser for very dry skin it’s really gentle. It doesn’t irritate the skin whatsoever which is really great when you’re suffering with dry skin. I feel like this product left my skin feeling hydrated and smooth. Although it’s a really gentle face wash it did an incredible job!


After using the facial soap the next step was the clarifying lotion. I can’t emphasize how crucial this step was as it really got rid of any excess dirt that was left on my face. This lotion worked exactly like a toner would as it felt as though it really helped to tighten the pores but not too much to the point where it’s drying.


The final step and the holy grail of final steps was the dramatically different moisturising lotion +. THIS IS THE BEST MOISTURISER ON THE PLANET!!! Guys....seriously....if you haven’t tried this then you NEED to. If I knew this lotion would be like this then I never would have suffered with dry skin for so long! Literally the second you rub this moisturiser into your skin you can feel such a massive difference. I will definitely be keeping this as part of my skin care routine.

So altogether I really do think this set helped so much with my dry skin. It did exactly what it said it would do and completely got rid of the dryness. The only setback to this was that I’ve  now had a little breakout due to how oily my skin got after using this. It’s a little annoying to have gone back to getting spots again but now that I know how to deal with it it’s not as bad. So if you’re having trouble with dry skin I would highly recommend trying out this set. You won’t regret it!


Thanks for reading, L xx

No comments:

Post a Comment